When parents sign the enrolment form to enter NPBHS they are signing an agreement that they will do everything to ensure that their sons obey the stated uniform regulations. These rules also apply when the student is travelling to and from school. In particular:
- The uniform of the school must be worn by all students and maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- Shirts are to be tucked in and socks are to be pulled up above the calf. Maximum of 4 finger widths from the back of the knee
- No t-shirts or thermals are to be worn underneath the school shirt that may be seen.
- The NPBHS school jacket is the only jacket to be worn with the school uniform. The only exception to this is on wet days when full length waterproofs may be worn to and from school.
- Hair should be clean, groomed, a natural colour, of no more than moderate length, off the collar and away from the eyes. Extreme styles such as: dreadlocks, braids, No1’s, mohawks, colours, hair ties, raised hair, stripes or rats tails are unacceptable.
- Students must always be clean shaven.
- Jewellery, other than a wrist watch, must not be worn to school. i.e. No necklaces, no wrist bands no earings (No facial piercing and/or no visible body piercing). No make up or nail polish.
- The wearing and/or displaying of headphones is only permitted at interval, lunchtime and before/after school. Ear bud (inner ear) type headphones are only allowed to be worn, not headphones which sit on the outside and/or cup the ear.
Shirt: Grey with monogram.
Shorts: Grey West Point Drill (summer weight) The long surfie type are not acceptable.
Jersey: Black with monogram.
Blazer: Black with monogram.
Jacket: School jacket.
Sandals: Plain black and leather. Must have a strap around the back with no writing or advertising and worn with shorts only. Jandals are prohibited.
Shoes: Plain black leather (must take a shine), not canvas skate shoes or sports shoe type.
Socks: Black with bands in white and gold.
PE Gear: Appropriate change of clothes.
Shorts: Black – for winter sports (optional)
Trousers: Plain black wool/terylene may be worn by fourth year students and above. They must hold a crease.
Socks: Black – worn with trousers
Shirt: White – worn by representative teams and boarders.
Singlet: House colour
Tie: Striped in school colours – worn with white shirt.
Hat: Wide-brimmed (Hadlee) style in white, or approved black school cap with crest.
All articles of clothing must be marked clearly with the student’s name.
NB. The school is undergoing a uniform review and there will be some changes for Year 9 boys which will be communicated to the community.