Arts & Culture
Everything you need to know about Culture and the Arts at New Plymouth Boys’ High School.
NPBHS is passionate about helping our musicians, artists and cultural performers develop their talent and experience the satisfaction and thrill of sharing their talent with the world.
We have a diverse array of musicians and music groups ranging from stage and concert bands, vocal groups, classical performers, through to rock and pop bands.
Our Art, Music and Technology departments, alongside passionate teachers, provides awesome opportunities for boys to develop themselves and their chosen cultural/artistic field.
The scope of culture at NPBHS includes, but is not limited to:
- Musical mentoring, work-shopping and performance
- Artist development, mentoring and competitions/auctions
- Kapa Haka – within and without NPBHS
- Drama – development, mentoring and performance
- Debating – development, mentoring and competitions
- Oratory – development, mentoring and competitions
- Video/Photography – development, mentoring and competitions
- Writing – development, mentoring and competitions
- Dance – development, mentoring and competitions
- Digital Media – combining Visual Art and the Digital world, showcased.
Check out our Facebook page below to see current events for Culture and the Arts.