Code of Practice

When students from other countries study in New Zealand, it is important that they are well-informed, safe, and properly cared for. New Plymouth Boys’ High School is a signatory to, and is bound by, the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students as published by the Minister of Education. Copies of the code are available from the NZQA


If you an issue with your educational experience in New Zealand. There is a disputes resolution service available to you. How to make a complaint


Full details of immigration requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available from Immigration New Zealand, and can be viewed on their website.

Eligibility for Health Services

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full cost of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health and can be viewed here.

Accident Insurance

The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents, and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs.

Further information can be viewed on the ACC website.

Medical and Travel Insurance

International students (including group students) must have appropriate, current medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand.