New Plymouth Boys’ High School works on a six-day timetable
Every day of the week is allocated a number from 1 – 6.
On any given day each student will have five, 55-minute periods, with four periods before lunch and one period after lunch. On Monday and Friday the school has a Full School Assembly at 1.05pm to 1.30pm prior to lunch.
Every Wednesday Period 5, students will meet in their groups (ie. as B01) with a designated teacher. This will be called Huia rōpū, named after the Huia, the bird on the school crest.
Our boys are faced with a more complex range of issues than ever before and it is affecting their social, emotional and academic well-being. Huia rōpū aims to help our boys understand what is going on in the world around them and facilitate their ability to cope with this world through content such as:
• Citizenship – ‘Something for Nothing’ project where the students give back to the community
• Goal Setting & Tracking – ‘Big Brother’ style mentoring
• Consent & Positive Relationships
• Mental Health & Well-being
• Digital Literacy & Safety
• Learning Preferences & Study Skills
• Numeracy and Literacy
House Assemblies are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.