New Plymouth Boys’ High School works on a six-day timetable
Every day of the week is allocated a number from 1 – 6.
On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday each student will have five, 55-minute periods, with four periods before lunch and one period after lunch. On Monday the school has a Full School Assembly at 8.40am prior to Period 1. There is no assembly on Thursday (early finish 2.45pm). House Assemblies are on Friday at 8.40am.
On Tuesday and Wednesday at 8.40am students will meet in their groups (ie. as B01) with a designated teacher. This will be called Huia rōpū, named after the Huia, the bird on the school crest.
Our boys are faced with a more complex range of issues than ever before and it is affecting their social, emotional and academic well-being. Huia rōpū aims to help our boys understand what is going on in the world around them and facilitate their ability to cope with this world through content such as:
• Citizenship – ‘Something for Nothing’ project where the students give back to the community
• Goal Setting & Tracking – ‘Big Brother’ style mentoring
• Consent & Positive Relationships
• Mental Health & Well-being
• Digital Literacy & Safety
• Learning Preferences & Study Skills
• Numeracy and Literacy